The popularity of dental implants nowadays is widely recognized. To put it into figures, there are 3 million in the U.S alone who are benefiting from the appliance, and it is expected to increase by half a million every year! These facts and figures are according to the American Academy of Implant Dentistry.
What sets dental implant apart from other restoration options is its promise to serve as the most effective and long-term solution for tooth loss. At Thomas & Thomas Dental, we believe that implants really do have the potential to become the ideal choice for many people with missing teeth. We want our patients to get the most out the dental services we offer, so aside from the most common type of implant used which is Endosteal, we also have Subperiosteal and All-On-Four Implants.
Want to invest in dental implants? Here are some of the amazing facts you need to know to feel more confident and secure about the procedure!
- Curious about its durability? Feel free to compare dental implants with space shuttles and guided missiles for they are made from the same material – Titanium!
- Dental implants may seem pretty advanced already, but it is still improving to provide better restorations and be of service to more patients.
- Unlike a dental bridge that requires the support of adjacent teeth and dentures that are worn over the gums, dental implants are more stable. Prostheses are attached on the titanium posts so any remaining teeth will be preserved.
- No prosthesis can compare to the function of natural teeth, but out of all the other available options, dental implants can be the closest.
- Patients are free to enjoy the foods they love, talk confidently, and smile to their heart’s content without being embarrassed or wary about their oral appliance.
- Dental implants are not teeth; they are surgically placed on the jaw to serve as roots and act as the support for dental prostheses.
- The procedure is ideal for people who are missing a single tooth, multiple teeth, and even all of their teeth! Depending on the condition of a patient, crowns, bridges, or dentures will be used along with the implants.
- People may think that dental implants are a modern discovery, but it is actually from the past. Ancient people invented their own methods for replacing lost teeth. Some of the materials they used were bamboo pegs, seashells, other metals, animal teeth, and even human teeth!
Aiming to restore your teeth as natural as it was before? Contact us to know more about Dental Implants in Phoenix, AZ, or to schedule your appointment with Thomas & Thomas Dental.