Children, particularly babies, are so heartwarming and adorable to look at especially when their pearly whites start to show. Aside from the child’s cuteness, there is a lot more to know about the child’s dental health.
Tooth decay is a common problem that both parents and dentist always face. It is considered an infectious disease for the bacteria that causes tooth decay can be transferred and shared between people. At Thomas & Thomas Dental, we care about your child’s overall dental health. To help them achieve and maintain an excellent dental health condition, we offer Pediatric Dentistry Services such as complete checkups, preventive treatments, and restorations. For both parents and children to become fully informed about oral health, we would like to share some of the facts below.
Facts about the Child’s Oral Health
- Bacteria in the mouth can cause fever and diarrhea during the teething process of a child.
- The enamel layer of the tooth is the hardest substance in the body that is why the teeth can last a lifetime if well-taken cared of.
- Thumbsucking can cause oral complications such as protruding mouth, crooked teeth or a problem in the development of the jaw.
- A person produces an average of 100,000 gallons of saliva in their entire life. That is enough to fill two swimming pools!
- Children have a set of 20 primary teeth.
- The teeth cannot repair themselves that is why it is essential to take care of them as soon as they erupt.
- Just like the fingerprints, a person’s teeth are unique from the rest; the same goes even for twins!
- The mouth has more bacterial count compared to the number of people on the entire planet!
- A tooth is much bigger than what people expect their size to be, that is because some part of the tooth is hidden beneath the gums!
- Kids miss more than 50 million school hours because of tooth decay.
Thomas & Thomas Dental is always ready to take action for you and your child’s oral health. If you want your child to experience a secure and more child-friendly visit us for our Pediatric Dentistry services in Phoenix, AZ!